Fixed Rate Savings
Lock away a lump sum for one year
Lock a fixed lump sum away for a fixed term of one year at a fixed rate and you'll receive between 0.65% AER/Gross and 0.75% AER/Gross depending on how much you save. Deposit matures on 28 February 2020.
- save a one-off lump sum between £2,000 and £1 million
- fixed interest rates depending on your deposit
- know exactly how much interest you'll earn over the fixed term
- you can have more than one Fixed Rate Savings account per person. New bonds are released every month and interest rates may vary between them
- no partial withdrawals allowed, and no additional deposits
- you'll be charged £100 if you take your money out before the end of the fixed term and depending on when you do this, you could get back less than originally paid in.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows you what the rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year.
Gross is the rate of interest if interest were paid and not compounded each year.
How to open a Fixed Rate Savings Account
Log on to Online Banking, select 'Apply' and choose 'Fixed Rate Savings'.
New to first direct
This product is only available to first direct Current Account customers (you're more than welcome to join us...)
Before you apply
Before applying, please have a read through the following.
- first direct Account Terms and Conditions (PDF, 111KB)
- Privacy Notice (PDF, 63KB)
- Charges and Additional Product Terms (PDF, 57KB)
- Give me the facts (PDF, 47KB)
- Interest Rate and Charges (PDF, 64KB) (For 1st Account charges refer to Charges and Additional Product Terms)
- UK FSCS Information Sheet and Exclusions List (PDF, 44KB)