Bonus Saving Account
A cash bonus - for doing nothing
Because dipping into your savings can be tempting, our Bonus Savings Account rewards you for establishing virtuous saving habits. Every month you don't make a withdrawal, we'll give you a bonus rate of 0.60% AER/gross variable (From 18 December 2019, this rate will be reduced to 0.40%.) on balances up to £25,000. Don't worry - you can still get at your money if you need to, but for that month the interest will only be 0.10% AER/gross. Knowing this should be just enough to curb the temptation...
- bonus rate applies for every calendar month you don't make a withdrawal
- instant access if you need it by an internal transfer to your first direct Current Account
- earn the higher interest rate on balances up to £25,000
- start saving from £1, no maximum limit
- sole accounts only and one account per person.
Before you apply
Before applying, please have a read through the following.
- first direct Account Terms and Conditions (PDF, 111KB)
- Charges and Additional Product Terms (PDF, 57KB)
- Charges and Additional Product Terms - effective from 7 December 2019 (PDF, 54KB)
- Privacy Notice (PDF, 63KB)
- Give me the facts (PDF, 47KB)
- Interest Rate and Charges (PDF, 64KB) (For 1st Account charges refer to Charges and Additional Product Terms)
- UK FSCS Information Sheet and Exclusions List (PDF, 44KB)