Bonus Saving Account
A cash bonus - for doing nothing
Because dipping into your savings can be tempting, our Bonus Savings Account rewards you for establishing virtuous saving habits. Every month you don't make a withdrawal, we'll give you a bonus rate of 0.40%* AER/gross variable on balances up to £25,000. Don't worry - you can still get at your money if you need to, but for that month the interest will only be 0.10%** AER/gross. Knowing this should be just enough to curb the temptation...
From 17 June 2020, these rates will be reduced as follows:
*0.05% AER/gross **0.01% AER/gross
- bonus rate applies for every calendar month you don't make a withdrawal
- instant access if you need it by an internal transfer to your first direct Current Account
- earn the higher interest rate on balances up to £25,000
- start saving from £1, no maximum limit
- sole accounts only and one account per person.
How to open a Bonus Savings Account
Please call us on:
New to first direct
This product is only available to first direct Current Account customers.
To enable us to focus on supporting our existing customers and their immediate financial needs, we have taken the decision to withdraw first direct current accounts to new customers.
We hope this will only be a temporary measure so please keep checking back here for updates.
Before you apply
Before applying, please have a read through the following.
- first direct Account Terms and Conditions (PDF, 111KB)
- Charges and Additional Product Terms (PDF, 57KB)
- Privacy Notice (PDF, 63KB)
- Give me the facts (PDF, 47KB)
- Interest Rate and Charges (PDF, 64KB) (For 1st Account charges refer to Charges and Additional Product Terms)
- UK FSCS Information Sheet and Exclusions List (PDF, 44KB)