- Show the section At a glance
- Show the section Everything else you should know
- Show the section Key product info
Simple, tax-free savings
Make the most of your tax-free allowance with a Cash ISA. You can save between £1 and £20,000 this tax year and earn 0.50% AER (0.50% tax-free) variable with the freedom to access your money whenever you like.
- tax free interest 0.50% AER (0.50% tax-free) variable
- interest is calculated daily and applied monthly
- instant access by a transfer to another first direct account
- you can transfer to us from other providers
- apply online opens a new window by our mobile app or by post and you can manage your account online, in our mobile app, by post or phone.
Tax-free means free from UK Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows you what the rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year.
Important information for first-time buyers
You should know that taking out a first direct Cash ISA may affect your eligibility to subscribe to a Help to Buy: ISA in the same tax year (first direct do not currently offer a Help to Buy: ISA).
You may also like
Stocks & Shares ISA
If you're comfortable with the fluctuations of the stock market, take a look at our Stocks & Shares ISA.