You are in section HomeAccessibility
How we help everyone to use our website
To make sure everyone visiting our site can actually use it, we follow internal bank standards linked to the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.0
Here are a few of the things we do:
- as well as images, we use alternative text so people who can't see the image can read the text and we have transcripts for our videos
- we only use strong colour contrasts - luckily we're already a black and white brand
- headings are readable through screen readers
- links try to explain what to expect - we don't use 'click here'
- tables are laid out in tabular form with headings and captions
- we use style sheets to determine the presentation of our website - this helps those using assistive technologies.
We know the list shouldn't end here - and really want to know how we can help you. If you have any comments or suggestions, or experience any problems with our site, let us know via our Contact us page and we'll do what we can to make it easier for everyone to access.