Send money abroad quickly & securely
If you need to send money overseas, first direct's International Payments service can sort it for you quickly & easily.
- quick and easy to send money abroad to all major countries from your first direct Current Account
- payments can be arranged every day of the week
- secure transactions.
What you'll need
- recipient's full name and address
- recipients bank code (usually a BIC - Business Identifier Code)
- recipients IBAN (International Bank Account Number) or account number
- recipient's bank address
- your own account details name and address - which will be passed to the recipient's bank
- the recipient's reference, if applicable.
Please make sure you give us all the correct information to avoid delays or incorrect payments (though we'll do our best to help and make reasonable efforts to recover the payment). If a payment is returned, you might get a different amount back because of other bank's charges and differences in exchange rates.
As part of our fraud prevention measures one of our Customer Services team might give you a call to re-confirm the payment.
You may also like
15% online discount for all new Travel Insurance policies
Going anywhere nice? Don't forget to take some proper teabags. And get some proper Travel Insurance too, provided by Aviva Insurance Limited.
Need some spending money?
Order between £100 and £2,500 in foreign currency online or over the phone, and we'll arrange to have it delivered to your door - usually the next day. Terms and Conditions apply.