To use the Banking on the go App you must be a first direct customer and have set up your telephone security. If you're not registered, simply download the App and follow the on-screen instructions.
What devices can the app be used on?
- Apple: compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- Android™: any mobile device running Android 4.0 and above
- Blackberry®: devices with an operating system 10.2.1 and above.
(The ability to create new payments is not available on Blackberry)
- Amazon Fire Tablet: running fireOS v4.0 and above.
(The ability to create new payments is not available on Kindle Fire versions)
Are there any charges?
There's no charge for the app. But as it relies on an internet connection, you'll be paying for the data you use through your mobile phone plan if you aren't connected to Wi-Fi.
Can I use the app abroad?
Yes, the app works abroad but be careful as data charges may be added, please check with your provider.
Does the app give me access to all your online services?
Nearly, but not all. You'll still need to log on to full Internet Banking to access these services:
- full statement information and statement download
- details of monthly charges, fees and interest
- cancelling or amending a one off payment you have set up.
What permissions does this app ask for?
For the Banking on the go App to work on your Android device, you need to grant it the following permissions:
- location - so you can find Branches or ATMs near you. This information is only used temporarily and is not stored on our systems or within the app
- phonebook - this allows you to use Paym
- device ID & call information - this also allows the app to read the phone's status and identity for security and verification. And lets you dial first direct directly from within the app
- Wi-Fi connection information - this gives the app full network access, and lets it check your connection so it can access our systems.
For your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch you can choose whether to accept or reject any of the following permissions:
- push notifications - this allows the app to notify you when a new payment or standing order has been set up
- location - so you can find Branches or ATMs near you. This information is only used temporarily and is not stored on our systems or within the app. "https://www.hsbc.fr" is our domain name that will ask to use your current location
- phonebook - this allows you to use Paym.
What username do I use to log in?
Your username is the unique name that you created when registering for Mobile or Internet Banking. It can be between 5 and 76 upper and lower case letters and numbers.
If you haven't yet registered for the Banking on the go App, simply download the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
You'll need to have registered for telephone banking before you can access mobile banking. You can do this by calling 03 456 100 100.
What if I've forgotten my username or password?
If you've forgotten your password please log on to Internet Banking opens a new window with your username, then select 'Log on without your Secure Key' option and select the 'Forgotten your password?' link.
Forgotten your username? - Don't worry, just give us a call us on 03 456 100 100 and we'll reset your security information.
If you've forgotten your memorable answer please log on to Internet Banking opens a new window, then select 'Forgotten your memorable answer?' link.
Is the app secure?
Yes. Very. But remember security is in your hands too. Please make sure you log out after using the app. For extra security, if you don't use the app for 15 minutes, you'll be 'timed out' and automatically logged out. Have a look at our mobile security page for more information about this.
Which accounts will I be able to view?
You can see all the same accounts as when you log on to Internet Banking.
When I make a payment, what does 'Reference' mean?
If you're paying a bill or organisation, you can put a reference so they know it's from you. This could be your account number or customer number. If you're unsure what to use, contact the organisation.
If you're paying friends or family, put a reference that both of you will recognise, eg payment for lunch. Remember, this wording will appear on both yours and their statements. You can change this reference every time you make a payment to them.
Can I see my secure messages?
Yes, you'll be able to read secure messages, but you'll need to log on to Internet Banking to be able to send and reply to secure messages.